Wednesday 6 May 2009

I do...

So its been ages, and to be honest if i wrote it all down you may fall asleep, so lets tell it with pictures...

The cycle club at school has been great, getting mroe and more kids each week. We held a ride to school day last week, 77 people took part, some coming from 10 miles away, a great success.Derby has been and gone, i'm sitting 5th overall, lucly that... It should be a good season, everyone seems to have stepped up their race game with the races getting faster, everyone looking more factory and the pits getting bigger every year. UK, on the up. Saturdays bloc racing though, was dire.Did some coaching over easter aswell. There where some big crashes, and this is proof you should always wear your helmet... oh and dont drive over it either.It was the first DH race of the season over here, as you all know, i used to dabble in off road and its a bigger scene over here than BMX so I've gotta play the game. I didn't get much practice in but it was a laugh, qualifying I got a time of 3.27, some young gun of a 12 year old had a time of 3.17. I was gutted, so I had 10 seconds to find to gain some dignity, luckily I did, 3.16 on my timed run, the kid didn't manage to improve and I managed to come 13 out of 16 adults, but most of these boys do take it serious so I'm happy, theres another race next weekend which i'll hit up.Everyone was back over easter, went out for chinese with the Linz and Emma Skills (good times) and Scott and Philli. You have to make the most of it when the students are back, because this place is dead as hell most of the time.Went over to Manc this weekend for a coaching forum with the guys from BC. Coaches had come from all over, but no one set off the night before to get there. It was a good weekend, did a bit of testing, listened to some expert opinions, played abit of golf..See ya'll at Burnham

No comments: