Monday 5 May 2008

Breaking News

Dave Ives injured himself yesterday jumping and has cut his knee, in a telephone interview with him at 3am this morning he explained all. Also coming up, how Twarn is preparing for Mansfield Double National, Daz Reidy - Daddy Cool and all the other latest from BMX north.

"I was jumping this yellow beetle but slipped and fell, I've cut my knee, but I'll be fine" - BBMX's Dave Ives explains the circumstances behind yesterdays big off, "it was a yellow beetle, I was jumping it. I'll be OK for the world's cos i'm bringin a trophy home." Wishing you a speedy recovery mate, feel free to send me a follow up text for the fans. Daz Reid was doing it for the fans yesterday at Preston regional offering photo opportunities, autographs and showing off his youngest to whoever had the time. Rumour has it Darren was pretty fast in his day and is on the comeback, I can reveal for the 1st time that the dilemma on his mind isn't whether to ride masters at Mansfield but its if he should go pro or 19+, big up yourself daddy cool, and his exact words "I want to race pro by the end of the season"

Now to the real story, Anthony "Twarn" Ives, got a great result yesterday at Preston regional finishing 3rd, beating the current BC ranked #2 rider who ended up 4th. After a controversial move down the last straight in the 1st moto bringing me down (I'm over it). But the biggest talking point about his final lap, following Andy Clucas (who won, great lap mate, well done) cutting the whole of the 2nd straight out completely, missing all the jumps, riding nearly on the gravel to get a faster line to the 2nd corner, lets see how that works out for you on a track with no short cuts. Cheers Rich for the pics, more on his blog.

But on a serious note, Twarn and I where seriously close all day which is what the fans want to see, and he got the better of me in the final, its not like I'd been at the velodrome for 2 hours the night before and then going out and having a few jars with some preston lovelies. A big thanks to Preston Club, as always really welcoming and friendly, and a great session on Saturday too, get well soon Rob Hawker, and Josh Hanlon. Finally did the photoshoot thing for Linzi's coursework when i got home last night, it was a right laugh, some pics for that coming soon.

Thats all the news for today, tune in next time for an interview of... Me. Questions courtesy of Goldcoast BMX club. You stay classy San Deigo.

No comments: